Learn Awesome Platinum Facts Compiled By Platinum Refineries:
- What type of platinum do you refine?
We refine platinum scrap from jewelry, industrial platinum group metals, palladium and rhodium (wire, sheet, bars, chunks, plate, foil, flake, pellets, catheter tips, crucibles, etc.).
- Can I exchange my precious metal scrap for coins and bullion?
Yes, you can exchange your precious metal scrap for coins, bullion, karat gold alloy, karat gold casting grains, precious metal bars, etc.
- Can you refine 50 to 100 ounces of platinum on a regular basis?
- Is there a longer turnaround time with larger orders?
No. Because we use the finest state-of-the-art techniques and equipment, we can handle any size lot with the same fast turnaround time of approximately 3 to 12 business days.
- Is there a minimum amount of precious metals I can send to be refined?
Yes, the minimum is 3oz. or more of mixed karat scrap; however, we can purchase a smaller quantity of scrap outright, at a lower percentage.
- How do I redeem my coupon for a silver coin?
When you send us your order, include this coupon to receive a beautiful one-ounce silver coin as our gift to you when receive your settlement.
- Do you charge a fee to remove Cadmium?
Yes, $1.10 per incoming ounce or $400 minimum charge to remove Cadmium.
- Is there a min amount of material that contains Cadmium that I can send in to be refined?
Yes, the minimum amount is 15 pounds.
- What materials are not accepted?
We cannot refine automotive catalytic converters, circuit board parts, and computer board parts.
- Is it necessary to remove any unwanted stones from platinum jewelry scrap?
No, these materials are vaporized during the melting process.
- Do I have to remove my diamonds from platinum jewelry before shipping?
Yes, please remove any valuable stone prior to shipping.
- How do I get free shipping?
We pay the first $20 in shipping costs with settlements of $6,000 or more. See the shipping page for conditions and exclusions.
- Why do I have to fill out the AML form?
AML form is part of the U.S.A. Patriot Act AML Compliance Program that protects both the client and the refiner against money laundering and funding the terrorist groups. AML form consists of two types - Individual and Corporate - please make your selection in the upper right corner of the form.
- Is Northern Refineries a member of BBB?
Yes, Northern Refineries is Better Business Bureau accredited member since October 2008 with A+ Rating.
- Can I walk-in to Northern Refineries facilities?
ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY